Maggi, as I cooked it for a gang when at hostel (PAU) was greatly loved. On a long day I sometimes relish it even now, after all this while.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
1 packet Maggi Masala Noodles
One small onion, sliced
One medium tomato, chopped roughly
A handful of spring onion greens, chopped
2 tsp oil
3 cups water
Salt to taste
– Heat oil in a pan. Add the onions and sauté till translucent
– Add the tomatoes and stir fry till they are cooked, and the oil begins to separate
– Add the spring onions and cook for another minute
– Add the water and the tastemaker, and bring to a boil
– Add the noodles, and cook till they are soft
– Adjust salt to taste
– Serve hot!
Later at hostel of Punjab Agricultural University where the food provided in the hostel was generally vegetarian, with an exception of eggs. So, whenever I used to get an opportunity to cook Maggi every vegetable which was available that evening in the hostel kitchen would get into this soupy Maggi and then served with chopped boiled eggs (for those who love eggs more than anything else, like me). We would even sometimes use the Table Tennis table as a dining table.