Narikal Ladoo ( Coconut Ladoo)
- Fresh coconut grated- 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Cardamom seed- peeled and 6 crushed roughly
* Take the freshly grated coconut in a clean thick bottomed pan.
* Place the pan in gas stove. Add sugar to the grated coconut and mix it with a spoon keeping the pan in medium flame. Care should be taken so that mixture is not burnt.
* Add crushed cardamom. After 10-15 mins the mixture gets cooked well and you can notice that mixture forms loose lumps.
* Checking the right time to switch off the gas to form ladoo is very important as otherwise over cooked mixture will not form ladoo and undercooked mixture will leave the ladoo soggy.
* Take some water in a glass and drop a small quantity of cooked mixture into it. If it does not spread and falls at the bottom in a lump.
* Take out in a plate and make round balls (ladoo).
* Let it cool after forming the ladoos and store it in air tight container. Can be kept for 1 week.