This is a traditional Bengali pancake recipe where the pancake are stuffed with Kheer or khowa”
- Ingredients For Crepes or Patishapta
- Plain Flour – 120 gms
- Rice Flour – 60 gms
- Sodium Bicarbonate (Soda) – 1/8 tsp
- Milk – 250 ml
- Ghee for frying
Fresh Coconut flesh, finely grated – 100 gms
Sugar – 100 gms
Rabri (thickened milk without sugar) – 100 gms
Soaked Raisins – 1 tbsp
Soaked Almonds, peeled and chopped – 1 tbsp
* In a bowl whisk rice and plain flour, sodium bicarbonate and milk to make a smooth batter, set aside for ½ hour.
* To make the filling place sugar and grated coconut in a pan over moderate heat until the sugar adheres to the coconut to make a light brown mass.
* Remove and cool.
* Add the rabri to make a moist thick filling, stir in nuts and raisins and set aside.
* To make the crepes, heat a frying pan, add a few drops of ghee swirling it so the ghee is evenly distributed over the frying pan.
* Drop two tablespoon batter swirling the pan around to evenly coat it, allow to cook until the underside of the crepe turns lightly brown.
* Spread the filling ½ inch wide across one end of the crepe.
* Fold over one side then roll again, until the crepe is well wrapped around the filling.
* Remove and place on a platter.
* Best when served cold.