Rice Kheer Recipe
A spoonful of this kheer immediately transports you back to your childhood. Simple, delicious and packed with wonderful memories, make this today to remember those good times.
1 litre full fat organic milk
¼ cup basmati rice
5 to 6 tbsp sugar or as required
6 green cardamoms/hari elaichi, powdered
a pinch of saffron/kesar
15-20 almonds/badam, blanched and sliced
1 tbsp golden raisins
* Rinse the rice till the water runs clears and soak the rice in enough water for 30 minutes.
* Heat milk and let it come to a boil. Meanwhile drain the rice and keep aside. Reduce the flame and add the rice.
* Stir and simmer the milk and let the rice grains cook, approx 35-37 minutes. Then add sugar.
* Stir and continue to stir often so that lumps are not formed.
* Scrape the sides of the pan and add this dried milk into the pan.
* Peel the almonds and slice them along with the cashews. rinse the raisins and keep aside.
* Take the cardamoms in a mortar-pestle and then powder them finely.
remove the peels and keep the powdered cardamom aside.
when the kheer is almost done, add the almonds, cashews, cardamom powder and saffron.
* Cook further for sometime till the kheer thickens to the desired consistency.