A recipe of a coffee that I specialise in now is a big hit with my husband Shamsher Singh. I would advise you to use Cafe Coffee Day’s Filter Coffee range for this one.
How to Prepare Coffee Decoction?
To make a cup of coffee decoction (which makes 2-3 cups coffee with milk)
- Coffee powder – 2 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 tsp per cup or according to taste
- Milk – 1 to 1 1/2 cups
Method to Make Coffee Decoction
1. Heat water.
2. Put the coffee powder in the top filter part. Put the stick filter on the coffee powder.
3. When the water gets hot, pour it carefully on the stick.
4. Cover the filter. It will take about 8-10 minutes for all the water to pass through coffee powder.
Now your coffee decoction is ready to use.
How to Make Coffee with the Decoction
1. Heat milk.
2. Take some (about 1/4th) coffee decoction in a cup.
3. Add milk and sugar according to taste. Stir.
4. Serve immediately.
If you like coffee very hot, heat the coffee and milk mixture but do not let it boil.
a. You can make the decoction and use it when you need within a few hours.
b. Make the decoction thicker by adding more coffee powder or by reducing the water you add.
c. The taste and thickness will depend on the quality of coffee powder, the amount of chicory used in coffee powder, the freshness of the coffee powder, the quality of the milk etc. So experiment with these till you get your desired taste.
Enjoy your filter coffee drip coffee.