Brandy: – 60 ml
Salt and pepper to taste
Basil: – few leaves
Prawns (deshelled and de-veined): – 20nos (medium)
Pine nuts: -50 gms
Olive oil: -60ml
Salad leaves: – 1 bunch
Lemon juice: – 1 no
Garlic: – 1 clove
Red Pepper: – 1no
Yellow Pepper: – 1 no
- Wash and soak the salad leaves in chilled water. Refrigerate.
- Marinate the prawns in brandy, salt, peper and lemon juice. Keep aside.
- In a mortar and pestle, put the basil leaves, 1 garlic clove, pine nuts and a little olive oil and work to a rough paste by adding more olive oil if required.
- In a hot pan, pour some olive oil. When smoking, add the prawns, stir-fry and add the prepared paste, reduce flame, adjust seasoning. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Cut the red and yellow pepper into fine dices.
- Arrange salad leaves on a plate. Dish out the prawns in the centre.
- Blend olive oil with the juices of the pan. Add lemon juice and salt.
- Sprinkle pepper dices on the sides and pour olive oil sauce.