Aloo Ka Chokha – to be served with Makooni.
Potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed – 4-5 medium
* Mustard oil – 2-3 tablespoons
* Dry red chilies – 2
* Coriander seeds, crushed – 2 tablespoons
* Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
* Onion, chopped – 2 medium
* Green chillies, chopped – 1 teaspoon
* Garlic, chopped- 1 tablespoon
* Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
* Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
* Salt to taste
* Dry mango powder (amchur) – 1 teaspoon
* Heat oil in a non-stick pan till smoking point. Allow it to cool for a while.
* Cut dried red chillies into pieces, remove extra seeds and place in a grinder jar along with crushed coriander seeds.Grind coarsely.
* Add mustard seeds to the pan. Cover and let them crackle.
* Remove lid, add onions and sauté till soft.Add green chillies and ground powder. Mix well and cook for 1 minute.
* Add garlic and mix well. Add coriander powder and cumin powder. Mix well.Add potatoes, salt and amchur.
* Mix well and cook for 1 minute more.Sprinkle a little water, mix again and cook for 2 minutes. Serve hot.